Cost of getting free traffic has gone up by 5 times in the last 10 years. Hence, the importance of getting free traffic is gaining momentum. But it is easier said than done. I assure you, it is still possible to get tons of free traffic if you make a proper strategy and work regularly on that. Here in this post, I am going to give you 10 sources for getting free traffic. It works for me and it will work for you if you do it the right way.
Before I go further in explaining about these 10 free traffic sources, I repeat that I always emphasize that getting traffic will yield positive results only if you have made valuable, useful, interesting and informative content. There is no point in getting 1 million hits on your website with a 95% bounce rate. If the content is junk, you are only wasting your time and money by putting all the efforts to get free or paid traffic.
So assuming that you have great content, let us move to find great resources of getting free traffic.
- Quora: This one is at the top of my list and is my favourite. Quora is a more powerful version of Yahoo Answer. Here you can ask questions and give answers to questions that people ask. Quora boosts to have an Alexa ranking of 91 with an impressive 300 million users per month. All its content appear in google searches so be a bit careful while asking a question or replying a question. Write the way you create your blog posts. Plan your SEO and keyword strategy before you write. Sign up for it, select your interest (basically your niches) and write a powerfully attractive profile message where you can mention the hyperlink of your blogs or websites. Be regular in replying to the questions. Do not just give a link to your website saying that you will get your answer on this website. Give a detailed useful reply keeping associated keywords in the reply and either using hyperlink of your blog in the answer or giving the link in the foot note. Remember Other users judge your answers by “Upvotes”. The more upvotes you get, the more popular your answer will be. In the last 30 days, I must have spent about 1 to 2 hours on Quora and following are the stats of my “answer views”. It’s quite good. Even if only 25% of the readers clicked on my links, I got about 700 laser targeted free traffic from Quora alone. If I place an ad on google-adword for this, it will cost me approx USD 2100.
2. Issuu: Issuu.com has a global rank of 1,462 and gets about 45 million visits per month. Sign up for Issuu and start sharing your contents. Here you share your content by uploading documents. You can insert hyperlinks in your documents. Issuu also has a feature to share your documents with many social media platforms.
3. Hubpages.com: This great website has an Alexa rank of 36,734 and gets about 2.5 million visits every month. Sign up for this site and start making your hub pages on the topics covering your niche. It is a kind of blogging site and its pages also appear on google searches. Interesting point about this site is that they share Google Adsense and Amazon sales from the website with the users. So in addition to getting free traffic from this site you earn a reasonable income also.
4. Minds.com: When ever somebody starts a blog, I always recommend that before you start posting on your own blog, start writing on other high authority platforms like mind.com or hubpages.com. If you write valuable content on these sites, you become popular and people become curious about you, giving you an edge over your fellow bloggers in your niche. As a result, people’s curiosity leads them to your website. Minds.com has an Alexa ranking of 20,957 and gets about 3.1 million visits every month. Just Sign up and start posting your contents. For every upvote, share etc. on your article, you earn tokens which you may use to boost your content to get more traffic.
5. Sociopost.com: What I love about this platform is its simplicity. Just sign up and start submitting your story where it allows you to insert your link also. So simple to do to boost traffic to your blog. Its global rank is 528,261.
6. Viadeo.com: This platform is very similar to Sociopost.com and has a global ranking of 18,346 and gets about 4.1 million visits every month.
7. Ibotoolbox: You can use this website to generate free traffic in many ways. You can post from time to time. You can create your own press release and many more things. this is also a great place to enhance your network with like-minded people. This site gives you points for doing various small things and you can use these points to create your ad to further boost your traffic. Just Sign up and start getting laser targeted traffic almost instantly. Ibotoolbox has a global ranking of 301,292 and gets about 118.18K visitors every month.
9. Scoop.it: This one is a content curation site and very easy to use. And you don’t even have to write a post or a story here. Just enter your link, add some tags and submit. All is done within a few minutes. It boosts a global rank of 6,957 and attracts whopping 12.20 million visitors every month.
10. Getpocket.com: Getpocket.com has a global ranking of 1461 and attracts 40.78 million visitors every month. Very simple to use. Submit your link and add a few tags and your job is done.
My final words: Avoid sending these traffic directly to your website. Send it to a landing page wherever possible, capture email and then forward it to your blog or website. It will be very useful in the long run. You can opt for an auto-responder below which is free for 30 days.
So this is a list of my favourite 10 platforms which you can use to generate lots of free traffic for your blog. I will end up this post with a suggestion. Use all these platforms responsibly to get the best out of them. Be a part of these communities. Be helpful to others. Do not just do lots of self-promotion and spamming groups. Instead, interact with the members fruitfully for the best result.