“Blogging is just writing — writing using a particularly efficient type of publishing technology.” -Simon Dumenco
What Simon Dumenco has stated is very true but efficiency of publishing can be scaled up in such a way that a good content has propensity to reach wider audience.
Below are our 5 easy steps to increase your blog traffic and also these 5 are my favorites which are often overlooked by many bloggers. Of course, here I have not included the obvious ones like keyword research, guest blogging etc.
- Trackbacks: WordPress along with many other blogging websites, has a wonderful capability named as trackbacks. Trackbacks is When you mention any other webpage on a website, their blog (if it is also on a supporting platform) will get a mention that they have been mentioned. It creates a backlink for readers to follow. It really is an easy and effective tactic for the websites to share great content and then receive contextual backlinks.
- Promote your blog post on social media: Promoting my blog posts on social media has done wonders to my blog. Mostly I promote my blog posts on relevant Facebook pages, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Linkedin groups, Digg, stumbleUpon, Reddit, IBOtoolbox etc. Also, your blog must have social sharing buttons, at least for these social media platforms.
- Include relevant YouTube videos in your blog post: In today's world, never underestimate the power of an informative video. Also, do not forget that Google owns YouTube and that's why videos have capability to generate more traffic to your blog. Not only that, I, many a times make a small video promoting the content of my blog. Many a times, I have observed that even if my blog post doesn't appear on the first page of google directly but still it gets it presence because of my video which lands on the first page with much less efforts.
- Use Efficient software to promote your blog: Earlier, I was never ever in favor of these promotional software because the industry is full of inefficient and fake soft-wares. But, be open to adopt the good ones. Recently, I came across TrafficZion-Pro which really worked for me. I will not go into the details of this software but you may evaluate it by clicking here, if you want to know more.
- Write Great Content: Here, I completely agree with Simon Dumenco as after all blog is all about writing. No amount of traffic is of any use if your content is not able to engage with your readers. Never ever bother about keywords, blog post promotion until you have written the full article to your satisfaction and you feel proud of sharing your blog post with your friends and loved ones. Once this is achieved, follow various means of promoting it.
These are my favorite 5 Easy steps to increase your blog traffic.
[amazon_link asins='1118299442,1119257808,0988780070' template='ProductCarousel' store='salsym-20' marketplace='US' link_id='fac9b549-f602-11e7-ac84-9f072e39e122']